Blog #1


 Hello everyone!

My name is Sofia Genta and I am a student at Florida State University. I am a sophomore majoring in Criminology with a minor in Education. Last year, I rescued a dog from the local shelter who now lives with me off campus and his name is Nalu. I like to do lot of activities with my dog and my roommates, whether it is indoor or outdoor. 

I have had some experience with technology in an educational setting when I was in high school. I took a video production class for four years at my high school where I learned to use programs like Premier Pro and Photoshop. I know how to use Microsoft applications to an extent, but was never taught how to use them in an educational setting. I used programs everyday in my past education, but I only knew how to use them for basic tasks such as essays and homework. 

Some personal learning networks I use to support my learning needs and goals include my family, my planner, my room, my phone and my laptop.  Each of these personal learning networks assist me in different ways. My family members are always there to support and guide me. My planner is my favorite organizational tool that I use because it allows me to keep track of all of my courses as well as other things going on in my life. My room helps my learning needs because it allows me to have a quiet place to study and do my homework with minimal distractions. My phone is a tool I use very frequently and it allows me to get in contact with many people without regard for physical distance. Finally, my laptop is another tool I use to access many things on the internet, organize courses, and complete work on. 

Comments

  1. Hi Sofia, I'm Chloe and I'm a freshman. I love criminology - I think it's so interesting. I actually just started watching How to Get Away With Murder on Netflix. I honestly can't believe I just now started it because I've seen just about every other crime/murder tv show there is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophia! I love animals so I think it's the sweetest thing that you rescued Nalu! I am the same way about organization; I have to write things down in my planner to be able to get things done. It's so satisfying to check things off of my to do list and know I accomplished something! I think it's cool that you learned those programs as a high school student too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment