Blog #9

 I actually have really enjoyed distance learning this semester and the previous two semesters. I do not think it hinders my learning experience at all, but rather creates more flexibility in my schedule. I definitely think you need to be motivated to learn while doing distance learning because there is not someone physically pushing you to do your work. I think I am good at time management, so that is why I like it so much. When I am a teacher, if I am ever in a distance learning situation, I think that providing every resource I can will benefit my students the most. I also would try to make myself available to help my students as much as I can, so they can feel secure in being able to get help when they need to. 

Open educational resources are resources that are easily accessible to all. These resources are mostly available online, which makes them available to most people. These are extremely useful to teachers as they allow for knowledge and resources to be available to teachers all over, while allowing them to edit or add to the resource so it is the most beneficial for what they are teaching. I found an article called, "An Open Market in Classroom Resources" by the IHS, which talks about what open educational resources are and why they might be used. The article mentions how expensive textbooks and other physical class resources can be, and open educational resources are a solution to this, as they are open to anyone to use, repurpose, and share. https://theihs.org/blog/open-educational-classroom-resources/?gclid=CjwKCAjwz5iMBhAEEiwAMEAwGBuakBxoDwDI1KqGwPiaPoCmylO9HarPBszI9JRB0nyTQAjzprwEpxoCElMQAvD_BwE 

I have had experience using Powerpoint in the past, but I learned a lot of new skills from these two projects. I was not familiar with audio recording on Powerpoint, and I actually found it to be very user-friendly. I was also not familiar with the next, back, and home icons, and I think they are very useful and plan to use them in the future. I liked everything I learned except for the layout, I found that a little hard to navigate and it was unnecessary to me. Other than that, I really liked these two projects! 


Comments